If your vehicle has been placed in impound you will need the following information to release it.
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP OF VEHICLE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS
- Current registration for the vehicle in your name
- Title for the vehicle with your name printed on the front
- A valid 10 day or 1 day vehicle moving permit from the Nevada DMV
- A dealer's report of sale within 20 days of purchase for a new vehicle or 10 days of purchase for used cars.
- Rental contract for the vehicle in your name, showing the VIN number of the car and expiration date of contract.
- A signed over title with a notarized bill of sale for each transfer of ownership.
INSURANCE CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle you may only obtain possession of the vehicle and/or its contents by:
A signed, notarized letter from the registered owner of the vehicle releasing the vehicle to you. It must include the following information:
The VIN number of the vehicle
The registered owner's name
Your name (first and last)
Release of the vehicle into your possession.
***Remember, it must be notarized!***
You will also need one form of ownership in the name of the signer and your picture ID.
- All state and Federal Government issued Photo ID Cards
- Drivers license, Gaming Cards (Sheriff's cards) LVMPD issued Work Cards
- Many vehicles that are impounded will have a hold placed on them by a police agency. If your vehicle has a hold you must obtain a release from that agency BEFORE trying to retrieve it from our yard. Please bring this paperwork with you.